What Do I Need for Overnight Camp?
Campers will be issued a dorm key at the beginning of camp for their dorm room. If you have a lanyard please bring it with you, it’s a great way to keep track of your key. The University may charge up to $100 for lost keys. This is a charge from the college, not the camp. A release for the key needs to be signed by the parents when dorm rooms are issued. So please stress to your daughters the importance of keeping their key with them at all times and to NOT give it out to anyone else to use.
One day during the week the campers will have time to shop at the Tommie Shop if they want to purchase St. Thomas gear.
For the gym
- A good pair of basketball shoes – to be worn only on the court
- Fresh socks for each day of camp-Some campers need 2 pairs daily
- Refillable water bottle
- T-shirts for each day of camp
- Headbands if you have long hair
- Backpack or bag to carry your daily camp gear
For the Dorm Room
- The dorms are NOT air-conditioned
- Bedding: Sleeping bag or XL sheets and blankets for a single bed
- Toiletries: Soap/body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, brush, comb, deodorant, personal sanitary items
- Shower shoes if desired
- Towels for shower
- Shoes/flip flops/sandals to wear
- Extra clothes: t-shirts, shorts, sweats
- cell-phone chargers
- There are no microwaves or refrigerators in dorm rooms
- There are vending machines available on lower levels
The University of St Thomas and Tommie Pride Camps are NOT responsible for lost or stolen items. Please plan accordingly for the entire week. Do not bring stuff that you do not absolutely need. All campers are responsible for their own items.